Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Copy Cat?

I just found a store with an almost identical name to mine.

My store : WickedlyGood

Their store: WickedlyGoods

I wrote an email to Etsy admin, here it is;


Dear Etsy,

Just recently, when I used the seller username search, I came across another Etsy seller named WickedlyGoods, my shop name is WickedlyGood. This shop was opened on April 12 '09, mine was opened on March 21 '09. The new store appears to be empty. I am concerned about this because it is (1) letter different than my shop name. I think this can lead to much confusion and I also feel hesitant to advertise because I could be driving traffic to their shop instead of mine.

I realize there are many similar shop names on Etsy, I do think there should be a policy on (1 ) letter shop name differences. Sadly, many sellers do copy other sellers work on Etsy, do we need to be concerned about others copying our store names too?

Thanks,
Madeline Henry

1 comment:

  1. I'll be interested to hear if they do anything. I had a similar situation--one letter difference, plus mine is spelled right--and they did boot her off because she was a forum troll (spouting these horrible homophobic things--I was horrified that people would think it was me). But other people I know, Etsy has said tough luck.

    Hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete